802.11n MAC IP
The Wi-Fi CERTIFIEDTM n RW-WLAN-nX MAC is an innovative and flexible 802.11abgn MAC Intellectual Property composed of hardware and software for easy integration into ASICs and FPGAs.
The hardware MAC is in charge of time critical functions such as packet encoding/decoding. AES and RC4 encryption/decryption are also accelerated in hardware.
The software MAC, executed from any kind of CPU such as ARM, is composed of LMAC (lower MAC) and is provided with driver for use with the linux mac80211 UMAC protocol stack.
Several partitioning options are supported:
- split partitioning: the LMAC is executed on a dedicated CPU to handle time critical functions while the UMAC is running on an application processor whioch can also run operating system such as linux.
- fully embedded: both LMAC and UMAC are running on the same CPU
The software MAC is provided with reference platform drivers and with a small scheduler (or kernel OS) which is a small and efficient Real Time Operating System (RTOS), offering task management, inter-task communications, message (queues and events) management and timing management.
The RW-WLAN-nX MAC IP deliverable includes a hardware simulation test bench with regression test suit, synthesis scripts, and a validation tool running under linux.
Supported Wi-Fi Features
- STA (Station) and AP (Access Points) modes
- WEP, WPA and WPA2
- WPS, WMM-PS, WMM-AC
- Block ACK
- Wi-Fi Direct
Key Product Features
- Designed in synthesizable RTL for easy technology migration for the hardware portion, and in C for the software portion
- Low gate count and low memory footprint
- Flexible Hardware and Software architecture
- Single-CPU or dual-CPU architecture
- Separation of packet buffer and code & data memory
- Different software partitioning between embedded and application CPU
- Support of radio interface:
- Digital I/Q interface to Maxim MAX2829
- others on request
- Supplied with compilation, simulation and synthesis scripts
- Supplied with hardware test bench and test suite permitting regression of the core after user edits
- Supplied with a validation tool running under linux
- Comprehensive documentation and training
- computer (desktop, laptop, netbook, tablet)
- Home Gateway and Media Server
- digital TV
- Set Top Box
- Smart Metering
- Medical devices
- Industrial, military and aerospace devices
The RivieraWaves R&D team spends a lot of energy to continuously improve the quality, stability, performance and power consumption of its Wi-Fi IPs. regression testing and interoperability testing are regularly performed in our Wi-Fi lab. RivieraWaves has invested in a complete Wi-Fi pre-certification test bed which is equivalent to the test bed used by the Wi-Fi Alliance to pass certification. This way we can ensure the robustness and successful interoperability of our Wi-Fi IPs against 3rd party Wi-Fi solutions. RivieraWaves also proposes pre-certification services to its customers.
Wi-Fi® is a registered mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.