802.11ag OFDM modem IP
RivieraWaves offer a Wi-Fi certified OFDM modem IP for integration into ASIC and FPGA. Silicon proven and in mass production in a wide variety of applications, it has been optimized for minimal gate count and power consumption. The below figure shows a high level block diagram of the modem:
The deliverable includes a hardware simulation test bench with regression test suit, and synthesis scripts. Matlab model can also be proposed as an option.
The RW-WLAN 802.11ag OFDM modem IP is optimized for use with the RivieraWaves RW-WLAN MAC IP for a full 802.11ag solution. It can also be complemented with the RW-WLAN 802.11b DSSS/CCK modem for a full 802.11abg solution.
Supported Wi-Fi Features
- Wi-Fi® CERTIFIED for 802.11ag
- Support of 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48 and 54 Mbps data rates
- Support of BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM and 64QAM with coding rates of 1/2, 2/3 and 3/4
- Full implementation of OFDM processing up to the interface of the radio:
- FEC coding and Viterbi decoding
- Timing, phase and frequency synchronization
- Channel compensation
Key Product Features
- Designed in synthesizable RTL for so that it can be mapped to any process and node.
- Low gate count
- Can be provided with digital front end and radio interface for
- Maxim MAX2829/2830/2831/2832
- Airoha AL2236
- others on request
- Silicon proven in a variety of applications
- Supplied with compilation, simulation and synthesis scripts
- Comprehensive documentation and training
- computer (desktop, laptop, netbook, tablet)
- Home Gateway and Media Server
- digital TV
- Set Top Box
- Smart Metering
- Medical devices
- Industrial, military and aerospace devices
An FPGA development board is also proposed for IP evaluation.
The RivieraWaves R&D team spends a lot of energy to continuously improve the quality, stability, performance and power consumption of its Wi-Fi IPs. regression testing and interoperability testing are regularly performed in our Wi-Fi lab. RivieraWaves has invested in a complete Wi-Fi pre-certification test bed which is equivalent to the test bed used by the Wi-Fi Alliance to pass certification. This way we can ensure the robustness and successful interoperability of our Wi-Fi IPs against 3rd party Wi-Fi solutions. RivieraWaves also proposes pre-certification services to its customers.
Wi-Fi® is a registered mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.